On 28 Sep 2010, at 6:00 pm, -=>JB<=- wrote:

> On Mac I use USB Overdrive.
>
> http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html
>
> -=>JB<=-

Thanks for the suggestion.

I downloaded this shareware, and it does the trick on Mac.  You can set it up
so a joystick generates rawkey messages.  This won't be  a solution for
delivering a final product, but at least I will be able to do some development
work.

The only fly in the ointment is that even when disabled, USBOverdrive blocks
scrolling on my Magic Mouse.  It is bad enough that I travel England stroking
other people's mice and shouting "D,Oh!" but now I do it on my own mouse.

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership

i-psych.co.uk