Thanks to all for the suggestions. I pointed the LiveCode preferences to the old Revolution folder and all works fine again now.

I know that was a trivial issue in the general scheme of things but sure would have been nice to have some information about it in the release notes for LiveCode; I'm now wondering how many other trivial but time-consuming problems I'm going to uncover in the coming months.

I also see in the release notes that neither the user documentation nor the dictionary have been updated to reflect the LiveCode changes and also notice that many messages from LiveCode still refer to Revolution. And I see from posts on this forum that there are new datagrid library features included with LiveCode that I can't find any mention of in the release notes. Maybe there are other undocumented changes in LiveCode?

Pete Haworth