On 14/10/2010 00:14, J. Landman Gay wrote:
On 10/13/10 5:34 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

However, have you tried Jim Lambert's suggestion of using the keyUp
event? AFAIK, LiveCode processes auto-repeating keys (at least on Mac)
as repeated keyDown events; but it only sends a keyUp event when the key
is released.

If you're right I'll be embarrassed. ;) Used to be on Macs you got repeated
keyups no matter what you did -- I remember having a terrible time with it,
which is why I didn't even go there for this question. But I just did a quick
test and it looks like it works as you'd expect now, which means your
suggestion would be the right one.

Not sure how Windows works now. It used to provide discrete keydown and keyup
messages as expected.

Not as embarrased as I would have been if I'd sent the message I wrote a few hours ago, before reading Jim Lambert's! I'd written insisting that the only solution was to switch to a 'stateful' (ie modifier) key - but read Jim's message before mine had actually been sent, and after testing, discarded mine with a thoughtful look...

Ben