On 20.10.10 at 09:47 -0700 charles61 apparently wrote:
Robert,

I understand your previous e-mail about using custom handlers. I have never used this concept before. But I am not following you when you sent the following:

f one uses full reference in the called script (that is script in
btn b of cd y refers to itself as btn b of cd y) then going to that
card before running that script is not needed.

While the script that Klaus posted works, I still want to fully understand your comments above. Could you elaborate further?

Charles Szasz
csz...@mac.com

For example, a btn on cd 1 does

  send dostuff to btn 3 of cd 2

handler dostuff in btn 3 on cd 2 has

  show fld 1

This will fail unless you are on this card (using go in btn on cd 1 as Klaus suggested). However,

  show fld 1 of cd 2

will work with the send without having to go. This will work just fine if executed by clicking btn 3 on cd 2, if its mouseUp is

mouseUp
  dostuff
end mouseUp

Having "of cd 2" in the object reference is what I meant by full reference. Of course, normally, one would use names of objects.

Robert