> Unless you're explicitly purging the stacks, any access to a property of a
> stack file will load it into memory.  The first access will take a hit only
> if the stack isn't already in memory, but subsequent accesses should be about
> as fast whether referring to just the stack name or the stack file path,
> since they're interchangeable for mainstacks.

Hi Richard

I don't think this is entirely true. At least it wasn't when I was working on
the standalone builder all those years ago. There was a massive difference in
speed between looping over the controls of a stack if that stack was invisible
toplevel compared to just referencing it as a filename. There was a user that
was having extremely slow builds because they had so many controls.

Cheers