On 11.11.10 at 19:02 -0600 Mark Smith apparently wrote:
Hi Thanks, more like:

    show something
    save this stack
    hide something

I'm on the verge of testing "something" to be some sort of modeless stack/window. We shall see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestion - M

If your saving is always done on the same card, one option is to

   disable all controls saving their enabled state
   show and enable a text field with "saving..." or sth like it
   save this stack
   hide the text field
   enable controls that were enabled before

If saving is too fast, you may add a delay to ensure that text is shown for some minimum time (I use 30 ticks). I can send you a working example script.

If your saving is done on different cards in a multi-card stack or in multiple stacks, then you can do the above but show a substack instead of a field to ensure it is always above the card controls.

   disable all controls saving their enabled state
   show a substack with "saving..." or sth like it as modal
   save this stack
   hide the substack
   enable controls that were enabled before

You can have the substack window without decorations so user has no temptation to click anywhere.

Robert