> Is there a way to directly create a button on a particular card in a
> particular stack without going to it and doing all this? The stack I want to
> create the button into is data stack that never gets viewed directly. In this
> case it will be data in the custom property of that button.

You can only do this if you want to create the control in a group for some
reason. It is a bit odd. It should be:
create [invisible] type [name] [in group|card|stack]

Where stack reference creates the control on the current card of the stack. But
for some reason it doesn't work that way so stick to your script or create a
group to create objects in.

Cheers