Scott,

A true programmers' game. Thanks. I was particularly appreciative of the full ten rows for trial and error. I used my full allotment on more than one occasion.

A suggestion (which you won't like.) Although it would spoil the esthetics of the game, I would have preferred letters rather than colored balls. In clicking through to select a particular color, I found that I often overshot the mark and had to cycle through again. With an alphabetical sequence there would be less danger of that since one can follow the sequence more easily. Perhaps you could provide an options of color balls or letters.

Again, thanks for the game. I have reciprocated by posting a favorite of mine that I wrote some time ago--I believe with HC; but the speed of Run Rev is sooo much more satisfying. It is a simulation of one the crytogram puzzles you may have seen. It is a long division problem with letters replacing the numbers. The problem is to decipher the code. It is easy to cheat. The trick is not to.

Unfortunately this works only on the Mac. I need to line up rows of letters and numbers and that requires a uniformly spaced font--monospaced. I didn't see one that works on my PC. It looks like Georgia is the only monospaced font but it is illegible at 24 point size.

I learned something from your trick of calling up the url from within Run Rev, so run this from the message box (1.1.1 or 2.0)

    go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/CryptDivision.rev";