On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 03:22 PM, Alex Rice wrote:

Looks like the regular expression "\s" doesn't match
whitespace that comes from rtf text.  Okay, that
problem is specific enough that I can work around it.

Looks like matchText does work OK for spaces in the rtftext, but newlines are encoded as a new paragraph and a tab is encoded as the escape sequence "\'09". I am guessing the regex engine has no concept of RTF so you would have to replaceText those things first.

Hmmm. I may be confused on the problem. I thought the rtf of a field was set but the matchChunk had trouble with the resulting text.

Dar Scott