I would be immensely grateful to anyone who could supply a few pointers for a project I am attempting to undertake.
I would like to create a security-type application using R that can display video from two CCD cameras on the screen of a Mac or
Windows machine. Ultimately, I would like to press a button and capture a screen image, with the desired video showing, and save it to disk.

1. Is this possible with RR or with RR in conjunction with other app(s) ?

If yes, then:

2. Can I access the video through separate USB/Firewire adapter units (the kind sold for A/V input/capture) ?

3. Can RR Open/Read the USB drivers that come with these adapters ?

Thank you, Gene Kennedy