Alex Rice wrote:

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 07:33 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

Thanks a lot Alex,

How did you install/develop this ?

Great and usefull :-)

I'm glad so many positive responses. BTW so far it has not indexed any new messages, so I'm going to investigate it's page-expiration + reindexing feature.

It uses the Mnogosearch software, a link is on the bottom of the search page.

I will have an eye on this ;-)

The backend database is MySQL 3.23. The OS is Linux 2.4, Apache 2, dual x 3Ghz processors, 2 GB RAM, connected via gigabit ethernet to major Internet backbones at Hurricane Electric <he.net> in Fremont CA.

Woaaaaw ! What a config and a provider !!! Is that (monthly) really as expensive as i expect (in France, we have to pay around US $ 200 per megabit).

Although it is a CGI, it's a small C program, so it starts fast.

Mnogosearch is using http to periodically spider the content at <http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/>

OK.

Alex Rice, Software Developer Architectural Research Consultants, Inc. http://ARCplanning.com

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Serveurs d'applications et SGBDR (Web/PGI)
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif