Howard Bornstein wrote:
I've got a simple reminder program that takes a number (representing minutes) and plays a chime when that many minutes is up.

The reminder script is:

on reminder
global SendID
put fld "TheTime" into timer
send reminder to me in timer*60 seconds put the result into sendID
play "chime2.wav"
end reminder

The problem is that, for example, if I set the timer to chime every hour, I am losing about 5 seconds each time I cycle through. Originally, this was because I had the play "chime2.wav" command before the send reminder command. So it would play the chime, which takes several seconds, before resetting the time.

But now I've switched the order to the above handler and I'm *still* getting this lost time per cycle.

Is it possible that the play command somehow stops the internal timer of the send command? This seems highly unlikely but I can't think what else would be causing this delay, which pushes me further past the hour as the cycles continue.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein

Try this :

> on idle
>   global Lasttime
>   if the seconds = (lasttime+3600) then
>     add 3600 to Lasttime
>     play "chime2.wav"
>   end if
> end idle

Set up the Lasttime starting value in using a button or so

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Serveurs d'applications et SGBDR (Web/PGI)
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif