On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 04:15 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

I have a very simple app that plays streaming movies from a QTSS. The
app works fine when in the IDE of Rev 2.1 B3. When I create a
standalone, and try to play a movie, I get the 5401 error. The server
does not even show that I am attempting to watch a movie. I have tried
accessing my server (which is local) as well videos on the net. Keep
in mind that everything works fine in the IDE. What could I be missing
here?

Does libURL even handle RTSP urls? I can't see it in the code. Or are you
using a reference movie as an intermediary between Rev and QTSS? Are you
testing the Standalone with the IDE open? Maybe QTSS can't deal with two
sockets to the same IP or something?????

Monte,

I don't know if the libURL is needed. I tried it both with it installed and without. You can test it with another button that starts the player. The movie is being hosted on the net. So my exact situation can be tested by anyone.

Below is the code I am using. I have it in a setup button for now:

on mouseUp
  global userSelection
  if exists (player "movie") then delete player "movie"
  new player "movie"
  set the filename of player "movie" to empty
  put "rtsp://131.96.156.185/Blackwater.mov" into movieLocation
  set the filename of player "movie" to movieLocation
  set the height of player "movie" to 378
  set the width of player "movie" to 532
  set the topleft of player "movie" to 70,134
  exit to top
end mouseUp

I have tried it both with the Rev IDE open and closed. Thanks for taking a look at this.

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com