On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 02:34 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 01:44 AM, Rodney Tamblyn wrote:

Your comments on the above solution & whether there is a better way to achieve what I want would be of interest.

I think this is a general problem for all controls, whether groups or not, whether shared or not.

Yes but it's particularly relevant to groups I think, because they represent logical collections of controls.

You might consider 'send "openControl" to * in -1' in preOpenCard at the stack script where * doesn't work but reminds you to make a loop. This means that groups get them more than once and the target should be checked in their handlers (if they have them).
Yes this is a variation on the approach I used until now. I removed discussing this from my posting because it was already getting long and complicated! I think that temporarily setting backgroundbehavour is superior because you avoid the duplicate message scenario.

This way your 'list' is those controls with the defined handler. I don't know if these will execute before or after openCard.

(BTW, some groups do not see the background behind the card in the message path.)
Yes, all groups that do not have their backgroundbehavour enabled, right?

Rodney

-- Rodney Tamblyn 44 Melville Street Dunedin New Zealand +64 3 4778606 http://rodney.weblogs.com/