I would like clicking on a card in the list to select that card
in the other window without bringing that window to the front. I can
think of some brute force ways to accomplish this, but I haven't found
any "smooth" way of doing it. Is there (yet another) cool Rev command I
am missing that does this?

Nope, Jim: no cool new commands; but simply a twist on an old one--

Example: instead of

        lock screen
        lock messages
        push card
        got to stack "database.rev"
        put newValue into field "A"
        get field "B"
        pop card
        unlock messages
        unlock screen

use

put newValue into field "A" of card 1 of stack "Server/Drive/Folder/database.rev"
get field "B" of card 1 of stack "Server/Drive/Folder/database.rev"

The limitation here is one still has to go to the stack to add & delete cards;
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company