I have a program that consists of a splash screen and the program file. The splash screen is the executable which shows the splash graphic for 2 seconds, sets its location off the screen and opens the program stack in a new window. This works fine on Mac and windows when double clicking on the splash executable.

I created an installer which launches the executable after installing the program. In the installer code when the user clicks on the "Launch Program" button the installer launches the program using applescript on mac and shell on windows. On the Mac everything works fine. On Windows, the splash screen appears, then disappears but never opens the main program stack window. The process is open, but no window. Everything works fine if I double click on the program executable directly.

The code I use to open the app from the installer is:
put shortFilePath (pFilePath) into pFilePath
set hideConsoleWindows to true
put shell ("start" && pFilePath) into tError

Has anyone encountered something similar and know of a solution?

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia