On 9/29/03 3:07 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

This script segment causes the window to flash.

  lock screen
  set the resizable of me to true
  set the width of me to 310
  set the height of me to 270
  set the cantModify of me to false
  set the style of me to "topLevel"
  set the decorations of me to "default"
  unlock screen

The flashing even happens in preOpenStack, which surprises me since the Transcript dictionary says it is executed before the stack window appears.

This also happens with with several variations of the above script. (Also the stack name shows up momentarily on the title bar even though there is a label in at least one variation.)

I saw workaround advice from Sarah back in April that suggested the changes can be made while the stack is invisible. I will try this. Yet, because of the flashing I suspect I might be doing something wrong.

What is happening? How do I get around this?

The flash happens whenever you set the decorations, which forces a window redraw. Not sure if there is a good workaround, since the OS is responsible for the drawing.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]