Hi Folks,

I am very very very very pleased to announce for immediate release the Revolution HTTPd Project. It's a simple httpd server based on Metacard HTTPd stack. It can serve files from a local folder and it can do lot's of stunts with substacks!!!! Yes thats dynamic content for you. I borrowed (or invented I don't know) a concept of transportation, meaning when a user call a file from the server, it checks if theres a substack with the same name, if it does have one, then it checks what was the desired output format (this time it's XML or HTML) then it pipes the result from the stack to the user.

It's very cool and you must see to understand. I created a webpage for this project its located at http://www.soapdog.org/rev/revhttpd.html there you can get all your infos and the first release. It's all public domain with source. The current substacks (they act like CGI apps) are:

Quotes - It's a quote of the day app, when requested as Quotes.html it will render a nice html, if requested as Quotes.xml it will render a simple to parse xml.
Status - It shows some status info like open sockets and open stacks, when asked as Status.html it renders a nice HTML, the XML option will redirect you to a nice error page telling that this substack does not like XML.

It's also possible to make HTTPd stack present itself by calling http://localhost:8080/httpd.html, it will echo the http request, this is usefull for debuging. It's a very fun project, take your time to explore the site, there I explain how it's all done, also feel free to send me mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED] I'll leave the HTTPd stack running at home so if anyone want to try it (don't know if my ISP firewall will allow the connection) can point their browsers to http://home.soapdog.org:8080/

The direct download link is http://www.soapdog.org/rev/httpd.zip

PS: I've got a paypal account under [EMAIL PROTECTED] if anyone want to support this project.

Cheers and serve the developer.
Andre Alves Garzia  2003  BRAZIL
http://www.soapdog.org