At 12:38 pm -0200 21/10/03, Andre Garzia wrote:
Hi Folks,

someone using my httpd server implementation or with better
understanding of the http protocol can answer this question:

Why opening http://localhost:8080/ on safari/mozilla works fine full
of images and stuff and this code

on mouseUp
   get URL "http://localhost:8080/";
   set the htmlText of field 1 to it
end mouseUp

does not work?!!?!? it works for www.yahoo.com and others....

Your server isn't writing any http headers. It looks like the other browsers are more forgiving than libUrl about this.

At the very least, you need to supply a line like this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

followed by crlf & crlf followed by your data.

Try adding this function at the bottom of your script:

function OKHeaders @pData
  put "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" & crlf into tRetVal
  put "Content-Type: text/html" & clrf after tRetVal
  put "Content-Length: " & length(pData)  after tRetVal
  return tRetVal
end OKHeaders

Then in your script where you write the response to the socket, use the function to create the headers. For example, at the end of the serverRead handler, try changing to this:

--- Well it's not a substack, let's see if we can find it

  put "binfile:" & the defaultFolder & "/html/" & tRequestedDoc into tURL
  put  the defaultFolder & "/html/" & tRequestedDoc into tPath

  if there is a file tPath then
    put url tUrl into tData
    write OKHeaders(tData) & crlf & crlf & tData to socket SocketID
  else
    get the cError404 of me
    replace "%FILE%" with tRequestedDoc in it
    write it to socket socketID
  end if

close socket socketID
end serverread