On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 05:36 PM, Stephen Quinn Barncard wrote:

Please excuse the obvious, but can't a custom property, say in the main stack, act as a global constant? Set it in the IDE and it will persist through standalone creation forever...

Nope, the custom property can be modified in the standalone. You just can't *save* the standalone stack. I wasn't sure about this, so this was my test script that I built into a standalone:

on mouseup
  get the uFu of this stack
  add 1 to it
  set the uFu of this stack to it
  answer info (the uFu of this stack )
end mouseup

But we can use custom properties or globals "as constants", if we trust ourselves not to break their constant-ness by modifying them. But actual constants would be better because they are idiot-proof (referring to myself there)

Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Mindlube Software | <http://mindlube.com>