Hi Thomas,

--- Thomas J McGrath III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
I am trying to hide a set of text fields before the
card is opened and
then show them with a dissolve.
The fields are named myLabel1, myLabel2 etc to
myLabel8
It don't work.....

on preOpenCard
  repeat with v = 1 to 8
     put quote & "myLabel" &v& quote into h
     set the visible of Field h to false
   end repeat
end preOpenCard

Hi Tom,

I think the engine is looking for a field with a quote
in its name. However, this gives me a chance to work
the wonders of the 'merge' function again :-)
Try the following script :

--
on preOpenCard
  repeat with v = 1 to 8

Hope this helped,

and now a bit less irritating ;-) :

You end with 2 quotes around the name of the field like ""field1""
(I doubt that the name of your fields do have QUOTES in their names...)

Script this:

on preOpenCard
  repeat with v = 1 to 8
     set the visible of Field ("myLabel" & i) to false
   end repeat
end preOpenCard

Hope that helps...

Regards