On Oct 29, 2003, at 11:56 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

While I agree it's normally proper for an app to store its preferences in another place, there's a good case for Rev doing it the way it does. It allows keeping multiple copies of Rev on the machine, each with its own set of prefs. This is useful when you need to keep different versions when maintaining old projects.

Yep and I guess that's the only thing useful about it. Other than that, the current setup breaks when administrator privileges are required, and every time a new version of Revolution comes out, we have to re-enter all of our preferences. FWIW I bugzilla'd this where-the-preferences-are-stored issue, a while back.

Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Mindlube Software | <http://mindlube.com>