On Saturday, November 1, 2003, at 06:06 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

FWIW, thanks to Mark Brownell, the IPC group's library will support
Blowfish encryption in a future release; but only to 64 bits because
of the legal issues.

And thanks to Ro Nagey and Tuviah Snyder I'm working on improving my version of rev_blowfish towards CBC, cipher block chaining. My version was first worked out in ECB, electronic code book mode. So this new capability will be added to the library as a mode feature. On the other hand I will probably get written permission to post the rev_blowfish source code after Rev has its own SSL encryption capability built in. This will be the full 448 bit encryption. It will be up to the developer that uses it to comply with export regulations if they add it to their standalone apps.

Mark Brownell