On Nov 14, 2003, at 4:18 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Anyone any suggestions?

I would not move the raw data files between different servers. It might work but a lot could go wrong: different mysql table types, different architecture, different mysql servers versions, etc.

Mysql has command-line tools for creating, exporting and importing databases. That's what I would use. Use "mysqldump" to get a snapshot of the database, use "mysqladmin" to create the database on a new server, then do something like "mysql -u username dbname < dump.sql " to load the sql dump file.

Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Mindlube Software | <http://mindlube.com>