That was exactly my point, Alex. I don't quite understand what Tuviah had in mind -- it may well be that at the level of the HTML browser engine there is a lot of conversion going on -- but I was speaking from the point of the developer who uses Unicode in HTML. All it takes is specifying the charset as say utf-8 and that's it... no charToNum, no worries about non ASCII, nothing...

Tuviah, if you have a moment, please explain this to me, I'd really like to understand what the problem is. As I said in my previous mail and in the enhancement request which got a "won't fix" from you -- the way Revolution handles Unicode in HTML is a serious impediment for those working with foreign languages...

All best,
Toma