I have an app that sends an HTTP request to a server that returns either a non-negative number if the request succeeds or an HTML formatted error page if it fails.

In my Rev script, I do:

put URL tURL into serverReturn
if char 1 of serverReturn = 1 then
put "User successfully created" into field serverReturn
else
put "Error encountered but no error checking implemented yet." into field serverReturn
end if

(tURL is the URL to which I'm sending the request, just in case that's not clear)

If the outcome is successful, the server in this case returns a value of 1. This works in my code. But if an error is created, I never get the second display. Instead, the debugger tells me "Chunk: No Such Object" and the hint has the first two HTML tags of the return value.

Also, FWIW, most of the time when this happens, my Rev app in the Rev IDE becomes completely non-responsive and I have to quit Revolution. The app will save, so I haven't lost anything yet but this is really scary stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dan Shafer, Revolutionary Author of "Revolution: Software at the Speed of Thought" http://www.revolutionpros.com for more info Available at Runtime Revolution Store (http://www.runrev.com/RevPress)