This is the same problem I was having. I couldn't figure out why the splash stack was doing the open stack again and again. I have a lot of substacks. Well, I was using open stack handlers in my substacks and passing the openstack message myself. I was doing that to be "safe" since I wasn't 100% sure about the message paths in rev. Well it seems once again I was causing my own problems....

The learning curve just got shorter.

Thanks

Tom