On Monday, December 29, 2003, at 09:38 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

I've had a request to add support to my QT External for extracting an image from a QuickTime movie (poster movie or the frame at a certain point in time) and assigning it to an image in Revolution. Getting an image from a QT movie is pretty straightforward but the QT API returns a PicHandle. I have absolutely no idea how to get this into a format that Revolution could use for imageData and was wondering if anyone on the list had any experience with this.

You might also consider a format you can put directly into the 'text' property of the image. You might experiment and see what formats you can stuff in directly. Or you can set it from a file if that is not too slow or otherwise a problem.

The function exportPicHandleToFile() here might give you some ideas on working with picHandle:
http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/icefloe/dispatch014.html

Dar Scott