On Jan 6, 2004, at 10:41 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

Actually AAC is the MPEG-4 standard made by dolby <http://www.vialicensing.com/products/mpeg4aac/standard.html>.

Ah. Thanks. I guess I made a common mistake:

"""Apple should have used "MP4" instead of AAC, that's what it is afterall. People would have seen the association with MP3 and say "Oh, COOL, it's even better than MP3." Instead they have no idea what AAC is. I'm sure they assume that one of those A's stands for Apple, just like the W in WMA stands for Windows. Apple Audio Codec, Apple Audio Control, etc.""" <http://www.macobserver.com/comments/commentindivdisplay.shtml? id=36749>

Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Mindlube Software | <http://mindlube.com>