On Wednesday, January 7, 2004, at 07:45 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Is it possible to do something like this?

I know the above does not work because I've tried it. I'm wondering if
there is some kind of escape character that will allow me to literally
include the tags in the href, then I could set another field's htmlText
that. Is this even clear? :-)

have your roll-over handler or your mouseClick handler put this href= anchor into an off screen field using set the HTMLText of fld "offScreenField" to myAnchorVar
then put that field's text into variableX and have your roll-over handler or your mouseClick handler display it using set the HTMLText of field "Definition" to variableX.

Good luck, this is an untested idea that I use for embedding attributes in unorthodox tag sets & that work for me.

Mark