On 08 Jan 2004, at 12:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:31:50 +0900
From: Doug Lerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:        Conceptual question about opening multiple windows of the
        same    kind
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is a basic conceptual question. I'm trying to decide how to proceed.

Let's say I wanted to open multiple windows (stacks, not cards) of a certain
type. Examples might be multiple drawing windows for a paint program. Or
multiple chat windows for different chat rooms.

What concepts should I be looking at? Templates? Groups and background
attributes? Cloning?

For example, let's say I already have one window/stack that is working as I
like. But maybe I want more than than that one window, with some different
settings, opened up. Should I clone that stack and then delete it when done?
Is there a better approach?

I know the question is sort of vague, but I am looking for a general
conceptual pointer or best practices suggestion rather than a cookbook total
answer at this stage.

Thanks!

Doug Lerner, Tokyo

Hi,

Have a real good look at Klaus Major's "Analyze_It" stack.
You will discover a beauty.

Greetings,
WA