Thanks, everyone, it seems to me the startup is what I wanted and the IDE does not process it 'in my stack' (which actually makes sense since it is a call only once message and REV already did that on it's startup).

I handled the startup not being loaded in the IDE by putting an if environment is "development" then do initialize in the preopenstack. This way I can leave the code in the app when built and it will switch to the startup instead.

I guess I misinterpreted the docs about the shutdown message. It sounds like it would be the best place to set a 'save' . I thought it was saying I could put variables into a custom prop and it would actually save it. What set me off was I was quitting in the IDE and it was saving my stack with the new data in the custom prop each time I tested it so in affect "I" was doing the saving and a build of course can not save itself with the new data.

Once again I notice that I put a lot of scripts into each handler that should be it's own function. This makes so much sense for reusing the script and yet I always seem to forget and end up with very long scripts.

THanks again,

TOm