On Jan 13, 2004, at 1:49 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

One of my New Year's resolutions is to try to reduce the number of ten-page
posts I make to this list <g>, but this question comes up often and deserves
a thorough treatment so I compromised and posted a new article to my site on
this:

<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/ revolution_message_path.html>

For those of you who attended the plugins session at the Rev seminar this
will serve as refresher notes for some of my introductory material (sockets
tutorial forthcoming).

Now, this article wins it's rightfull place in my all time good read. Everytime I read one of the articles of fourth world embassy I become full of ideas and hope. I don't know if this is commom, but, everytime I read a good, solid, insightfull article (or code) in Revolution I turn pretty happy and joyfull. It's like: "Hey, Thats the language you choose!!!! It's Cool! You can read it loud and not sound like an alien (this happens with C)" (*joking*)

You might want to know that the article named "Beyond the browser" was the one responsible for me winning a contest (it's not a contest, I don't know the word in english for when a enterprize open a public 'contest' to choose which company it will contract for developing a solution). The project in question is Project Data Junior (http://homepage.mac.com/soapdog/studio/SoapDogStudioDataJunior.html).

I decided to try to win that contract, I was going to code it in PHP (That was before me buying a Rev license, I was evaluating the free version) with MySQL. The other company was going for a solution based on MS SQL Server and Visual Basic.net. I planned everything and made a prototype. I read "Beyond the browser article". Next day I bought a Studio License for Revolution 2.1.

After two weeks, I rewrote all my project. I attached to it the "Beyond the browser" (with all credits and cumpliments) Article as suggested reading. I packed everything in a very well humored package, I used a metal pan (those packages you get on restaurants when you ask for food on the go) as the box and put a nice badge on it written "Proposta Quentinha", which means Hot Proposal, here in Brazil we call this metal pan Quentinha so there was a joke in the name.

They said my price was higher, but since they are a Advertising and Marketing College they found my proposal presentation very creative and after reading my suggested reading they decided to give me a try...

So that's feedback... I take all Fourth World articles very serious and I learn much from them. I thank Richard Gaskin and all other people there for making time to help the community with all those nice texts. It's thanks to that article that I was able to buy Rev and launch my own little company here.

Cheers to the Fourth World Media Corporation.

Andre Alves Garzia  2003  BRAZIL
http://www.soapdog.org