Since the issue of filtering has been discussed lately and it is pending to be fixed/improved, someone (Eric?) should amend the discussion of bug 605 to include support for more than 4 types (and also vote for this bug). The fact that the default OS procs support only 4 should not limit us. After all, in most other development environments, one simply writes own filterproc. We would not want that such silly restrictions stopped users from using Revolution, wouldn't we? Rev may need to write a custom proc to support types and extensions anyway.

Robert

Hi dreamer,

Just for information, if I remember well, MacOS limits the filtering up to 4 types.
A custom proc filter is needed to filter more than 4 types.

But sorry, I don't know how to do simply in Rev.
The only idea I have is to write an external that will call the MacOS file selector with a custom file proc according to your need.

Regards.
Thierry.