On 1/28/04 5:29 PM, Richard K. Herz wrote:

I have Rev apps on clients communicating with Rev/MC (last MC engine) CGI
scripts on a Linux/Apache server at an ISP.  The ISP is complaining that the
scripts are causing high CPU usage.  Question:  does a separate instance of
the Rev/MC engine open whenever a new post comes in?  If so, is there an
alternative CGI option that can handle high hit rates?

As I understand it, yes, a separate instance will open with each hit. I think Pierre Sahores figured out a way to keep the engine running so this wouldn't happen, but I don't know how he did it.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]