On Feb 4, 2004, at 3:10 PM, Mark Powell wrote:

If I say "Revolution", they look they're being lobbied by Dennis Kucinich. Don't let the door hit you in the butt.

LOL it's true. And they scoff "Revolution? Where did we get this John Lennon wannabe?"

But with a 30 day eval. license, one can create a demo/mockup/prototype of just about any app conceivable. What manager can turn down productivity like that, coupled with blazing speed, single file executables, and 12 different platforms? It practically sells itself, provided the developers are willing to take some risk and dive in and learn.

If management still won't buy it and they want to stick with VB6 or VC++ forever then they are foot-dragging status-quo-loving coneheads and you should go over their head :-)

While writing this I have in mind this article, about a different product, but it's about early adopters and getting the edge:

<http://www.lindows.com/lindows_michaelsminutes_archives.php?id=96>

"""
... I also found it interesting that this CEO came to meet with us personally, rather than just dispatching someone from his IT department.  "I have found that IT departments often don't like change," he said.  "That's why I'm here.  I have had enough with the status quo treatment we get from Microsoft, and I want to see first hand if it's time for a change.  Our company prides itself on early adoption of any innovation which can give us an edge over our competition--we're known for that.  I'm starting to hear more and more that Linux could very well be such an innovation, so I want to see for myself if it is."
"""

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com