On Monday, February 9, 2004, at 11:12 AM, tuviah snyder wrote:

So I'm for any syntax which would enable me to precompile some functions
(such as math functions, ect) without losing the flexibility in cases where
I may want to dynamically intercept messages like mousemove in a backscript.

Perhaps a tiny first step would be to optimize function binding within the same script.

This might be triggered by a keyword at the function definition.

It also might be done with notation at the call. This would clutter the call but has the advantage in that it would create a compile error if the function is not in the script. Maybe all calls in braces must be resolved as built-in or script local.

Inline might be on this path.

If it wasn't for front scripts this could be a transparent optimization. Or am I not understanding front scripts right?

Dar Scott