Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"

Le 25 févr. 04, à 15:59, Thomas McGrath III a écrit :

3S,

You need to give Rev more than just a couple of hours to get a realistic feel for how it can help you.

I have turned a few people's addiction to Director upside down with my very first Rev product. The company I work for did not understand the import of REV as a RAD, BUT the outsource company (mostly Director users and flash, saw how much work I was able to get done using a RAD tool in such a short amount of time) went out and bought a copy of Rev and started learning it right away. I think they felt threatened by Rev versus Director for RAD.

The other thing is, if developed and designed properly a product produced in REV is not recognizable as a REV product BUT all Director end products look the same. If a tools can create a product that no longer looks like the tool it came from is a powerful statement about that tool. Director can not do this (easily).

So in my opinion that places REV above tools like Director but right below tools like Codewarrior which is where it should be. The speed increase in using REV for rapid application development and for prototyping is great.

Tom