On Wednesday, February 25, 2004, at 08:48 AM, Bojsza wrote:

on mouseUp
  put empty into xArray
  put empty into zArray
  put "1 2 3" into xArray
  split xArray by space -- create an array from a list (3x1 array)
  put "2 3 4" into zArray -- create a 1x3 array
matrixMultiply(xArray,zArray)
put it into arrayOut
end mouseUp

on mouseUp put "1,1:1;1,2:2;1,3:3" into x split x using ";" and ":" put "1,1:2;2,1:3;3,1:4" into y split y using ";" and ":" put matrixMultiply(x,y) into z combine z using ";" and ":" put z end mouseUp

==>
1,1:20

In hindsight, I think this might be more readable using space instead of ";".

2. I know that I can go from a list to an array with the split command. Can I go from an array to a list also using the split > command?

Use combine as Jeanne explained and used above.

3. Can I create an array with a variable ie a 3x1 array with angle as a variable?

atan(angle)
cos(angle)
sin(angle)

Yes and no.

You can make an array builder function that instantiates such an array for the angle provided at build. Like this (off the top of my head):

function angleArray alpha
  put atan(alpha) into a[1,1]
  put cos(alpha)  into a[1,2]
  put sin(alpha)  into a[1,3]
  return a
end alpha

However, you might want to look at value(). You can evaluate a string and strings can be array elements. Thus, you can have an array of expressions. You can be as creative in expression processing as you want.

Dar Scott