Ian Wood wrote:

On 27 Feb 2004, at 01:01, Mark Talluto wrote:

On Feb 26, 2004, at 1:08 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

I'm using the same standalone building process I've used for the last year, only now on Panther my standalones won't recognize my custom document types.

Also, when I modify the core engine name within the MacOS folder and then edit my plist to match, in earlier versions of OS X this was how I got the process name to match the bundle name, only in Jaguar the same steps I'd used successfully before no longer work -- now the app simply doesn't launch.

Have any of you successfully assigned custom document types to a Rev standalone under Panther w/ Rev 2.1? If so, what are you doing differently than you had done under Jaguar?

I sometimes have to stuff the standalone. Then delete the original. Then unstuff to get it all to work again. On really bad cases, I file transfer the standalone to another mac and then bring it back. This always does the trick.

As I mentioned recently on the list, deleting the standalone and then dragging it back out of the Trash does the same.

Curious. Is this a Finder bug? Is it a known issue?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation