On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 10:02 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

The logic, I suppose, emphasizes modularity, and thus may make sense when a team of programmers is working on project where some event needs to trigger multiple handlers.

But for one-developer standalone projects, I don't see the need.

As we grow as a community we might be using more and more stack libraries from other sources including custom controls that require stack libraries.

I assume most folks pass preOpenCard down the message path, for example. If I have a library stack that uses that, I need to doc that. If this is not really a common style, I might want to add a handler that must be called on preOpenCard and make that an alternative method.

Dar Scott