Thanks Rob,

This put me on the right track.

Glen

On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 09:13 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

Hi Glen,

I have two fields where a user hilites single or multiple lines in field "aChoiceList" and then presses a button "Yes" which copies the selected lines into field "aSelectedList".

What I am wanting to do is to some how gray out the lines and disable them from being selected in field "aChoiceList" that now show in the field "aSelectedList.

If the user selects lines in the field "aSelectedList and clicks another button "return" then the lines are removed from the field "aSelectedList and the associated lines in the field "aChoiceList" become ungrayed and available to select again in the future.

Have you checked out the possibility of setting the textcolor of the lines instead of the hilite?

on mouseUp
  lock screen

put return&(fld "aSelectedList") into previousSelections get fld "aChoiceList" repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines of it

     /* I don't think "repeat for each line aLine in..."
        gets you the textColor*/

if the textColor of line x of fld "aChoiceList" is not grey then next repeat
if offset(cr&(line x of it)&cr,previousSelections)<>0 then next repeat

    put line x of it & cr after fld "aSelectedList"
  end repeat

  unlock screen
end mouseUp

To select" a line, set its textColor to grey; to deselect it, set the textColor to empty.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company