I use MP3 for voice compression...it works well..about 2K per second. Question is, how long is your video? I just checked out some of the SnapZ videos and here's what I found:

<from a private chat>

chippwalters: for comparison...snapz is 419x299 while the geoMgr is 640x480
chippwalters: both about 3 Mb
chippwalters: mine is over 3 minutes in length, theirs is only 16 seconds!
chippwalters: their fps is 12, mine 5

Richard Gaskin wrote:

Michael J. Lew wrote:

Did anyone read the license agreement for the TSCC codec before clicking through and having it installed? It is 23969 characters long (Rev counted them for me ;-)...
I chose not to install the software.

Maybe you don't need TSCC. The videos Adobe uses are good with plain ol' QuickTime, and the QT output from Ambrosia's SnapzX is pretty good.

I've been doing some training screen-videos for a client and I've found the Qualcomm TruVoice codec is great for voiceovers -- I got a 12MB recording done with Snapz down to 1.9MB.