I use mci to record and play audio (wave files) on Windows XP using MC. It still works perfectly in 2004. In MC you use "get mciSendString(....)" For instance:

put "open" && quote & orglyd & quote && "type waveaudio alias myAudio" into tstring
get mciSendString(tstring)

get mciSendString ("status myAudio length")

There are two stacks in the Developers area: mciSendString and mciMidi. These may put you on the right track.

Signe Marie Sanne

Thanks Signe. Please could you give me the link to the developers area, it's so long since I've been to the MC site, I don't have the link anymore and it's not referenced directly on the site itself!

Regards

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK