I'm trying to build a typical kiosk app. for a restaurant . Now I need to enable the owner to add categories and items as menus change.
In FileMaker Pro you create a relation and drop a button on the portal (grid) and every additional record adds a button thru the relation. (if no relation is active the portal is empty) and uses the text for button name the field contents. Other wise saving buttons in seperate files , I think is a pain. Now back to the question how is it done in real db, ? ( currently I use PostgreSQL )
Thanks , hershrev
p.s. if you have a copy of fileMaker I could email you the solution I have. or if you want you could dl it from www.filemaker.com