Hi

I am working with icons in OSX. I have created a series of graphics that I store in the stack and I use them to represent the enabled disabled and hilited states of buttons.

In OSX when I set the hilite icon of a button to a specified icon the button shows the appropriate appearance and everything looks great.

When I change the appearance to windows the icon changes appropriately but then a black rectangle appears bounding the button. This rectangle remains even if the hilite icon is removed from the button ( ie the button's icon is changed to its enabled appearance ). The rectangle can be removed by clicking on another disabled button.

Is there a way I can prevent this from happening in windows or is this the way things are supposed to operate? It really interferes with the effect I am trying to get.

If this is a feature of Windows is there a way to get rid of the rectangle when I change the icon from hilited back to enabled? The rectangle is really not a problem unless it remains after I change the buttons icon back to its enabled appearance.

Thanks

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
http://www.messimercomputing.com
--
Build Computer-Based Training modules FAST with preceptorTools™ -- version 1.0.5 available as freeware Now!