On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:14:30 +0000, Frank Leahy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We moved to England from San Francisco last September and bought a Ford
Galaxy, 7 seat mini-van, diesel, that gets 45 miles to the gallon, and
can cruise all day at 110 mph (I've driven 100+mph from Cornwall to
London several times -- try that in California without spending all day
looking in your rear view mirror).  (And why is it that the same car
gets under 20 miles per gallon in the States?)

But we're not complaining about the price of gas.  Why?  Because we get
free health care for the extra we pay at the pump! (see
http://cornwall.backtalk.com/archives/000056.html)

Well Frank, all I can say is that you SHOULD have been looking in your rear view mirror, because the maximum speed limit throughout the United Kingdom is 70 miles per hour! The bit about health care is true, certainly. Glad you like it here (I'm in the UK today).

BTW (and even more OT) I believe the Isle of Man has no speed limits at all - but then I'm not sure if it's strictly a member of the UK.

Graham