if the script isn't in the field the text is then you have to write
put the selectedText of field "theTextIsIn" into myVar
On Monday, March 22, 2004, at 04:04 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

How about "put the hilitedText of me into lcgCurrentPerson"

Are you sure that the line is highlighted before executing your code? Just
curious...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Graham Samuel
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 11:45 AM
To: use-revolution-request-lists.runrev.com
Subject: selectedText confusion

I've got a list field where one line is hilited (I can see the hilite), and I have the following handler in it

on mouseUp
   global lcgCurrentPerson
   put the selectedText into lcgCurrentPerson
end mouseUp

I send a mouseUp from a handler in the stack which owns the
field in order
to fill my variable lcgCurrentPerson, but all I get is empty.
Can anyone
explain this?

(RR2.2RC on Windows XP Home Edition)

TIA