On Saturday, April 17, 2004, at 01:58 AM, Martin Baxter wrote:

Have you tried explicitly emptying the field and re-entering the content ?

Could there be a leading space or some other invisible in front of the
content text accidentally perhaps? "about 12 pixels" sounds like the
textheight. Might cause the shift if dontwrap were false, though the
intermittent part has me stumped for suggestions.

I now simply append empty to it and that fixes it. Saving the stackfile fixes it.

The shift is about big X height for that font.

It is a label with a unique name. Another label in the same group does not have the problem.

I'll look for a funny character.

I think it has been reported that this kind of thing can happen depending on the formattedWidth of the text or maybe the number of characters, I forgot.

Dar Scott