jbv wrote:

Although I might be one of the most virulent anti-cookie
activists (I NEVER used cookies in the numerous websites
I've developped), I won't slam you...   ;-)
Nevertheless, I keep thinking that using cookies is a blatant
demonstration of lazyness for a programer (nothing personal
of course) and that there are more elegant solutions.
Furthermore, I know many end users who are virulent anti-
cookies as well, who disable systematically the cookie option
of their browser, and who get really irritated when a webpage
refuses to display because they turned off the cookie option and
who swear god they'll never visit that website again...

I'm no fan of cookie abuse, and I looooooove that Mozilla let's me approve them individually (I always nix the ones from evil ad companies that track you all over the Web).

But how else does one maintain state information, esp. between sessions?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation